Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chapter Twelve>>>>>Beasts

When school began only a few days after Anna returned from Iran, she found a new strength. "I must make my father proud." That thought brightened her soul and she drowned herself in studying. Slowly she made some friends, and among them was a nursing student Anna found so similar to her and her values; so devoted to her studying and her family.
Stacy and Anna loved to go to movies, share their books and talk endlessly. They debated the issues of life happenings, what that interested them both. Of course for Anna the debate was mostly about her unresolved anger of losing her brother. She vehemently discharged those suppressed emotions to her friend.
"You know, time is a thief. It just sucked the life out of my brother."
Stacy would look at Anna with her penetrating green eyes:
"You're just producing a personal infernal around yourself. Don't pull me into that hell. I won't allow you to that to me."
Anna loved her friend's honesty and straight forwardness. She always spoke her heart and never pretended as Marianna did.
"I don't want you to share this hurt and pain with me." Anna said: "This is my exclusive pain and I must endure it alone until I find a cure for it. All I want from you is to be my friend and to listen to me."
Stacy laughed, not a kind of derisive laughter that some one else might have but a concerned one.
"I know you're still carrying that hurt with you. I, I don't want to swallow pain and be miserable."
"I understand your point. You haven't been through what I have. Have you ever lost a loved one?"
"No, I haven't. All my family are living. That is why I said this is your exclusive pain. I can't understand it; nevertheless, I want to be your friend. You're unique."
"I want to be your friend, too, because not only you're special, too, you are also honest and I like that about you."
"You have big imagination. I promise you'll be a success one day." Stacy said. " I don't see anything wrong for having reflection. There is no strain to recollection, no obvious sadness for gone things; there is no mark or affliction for breaking down."
"You talk very eloquently. You know I am ready to surrender to those moments of my life but not their impressions. The echo of Aria's voice floats within me. Sometimes I feel like moving with him to the end."
"Listen Anna, this is the talk of a very depressed person. He is gone, but you're alive. You can keep his memory alive by living your life in present not the past. I am sure if he was alive, he would want you, too."
Stacy's wise advice sounded very logical; however it lacked a major element. "How to do it?"
*

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment