Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chapter Fifteen, A Sweet, Bitter Dream

I crossed all the roads with blistered feet,
When I saw buildings on top of ruins;
And plants were washed by bitter water in street.

All doors were closed beyond my control.
It was a thrilling journey through the night.
And the dream of ruins was opened to my soul.

And all I could see faults in my dream;
Faults of many in that wonderment.
And my eyes were blurred in their extreme.

When my exhaustion was defeating me,
I asked for a conversation, a little talk.
And I didn't want any bitter remedy.

And there it was this crying eyes by my bed,
Who was seeking an answer for the ruins,
In that dream which long I've suffered.
*
"Dear diary,
"I woke up this morning shaking of a terrible thought, no it wasn't a thought but it was a dream, a sweet but bitter dream. In it, I was dancing with Steve; however, we were not in that Italian restaurant. It was a strange place that I have never seen. Everything was white. As we danced, the whiteness became dimmer and dimmer; and then it was darkness. We both were shocked and stood folded together gazing into the obscure heart of night. I didn't know what to do. One part of me wanted to be with him and give in to his caresses but the other part of me wanted to run away and hide especially after I saw many eyes staring at us in the dark. Among those eyes, I recognized my father's and Aria's, as though they were giving me an ultimatum.
"I am not much of knowing about dreams, but I am certain that being with Steve last night and dancing for the first time have something to do with this dream. I am puzzled by the strange sensation I recently have. I don't know what to do, let all these slowly dissipate, or stay calm. Maybe in coming days these feelings move away by themselves, or maybe I talk to Stacy about them. Never I was in such an ambiguous position when I can't figure out what is going on within me. Well I need to stop writing now; I am late for school."
*

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment