Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Still On the Second Posting Of Chapter 2, Tales of...

My last posting was interrupted by something out of my power; and in the middle of a sentence. Now I finish what I lost in the world wide web.

... when he caught her with a cigarette, and her children demanded her attention, she had left no choice but doing those things when they were not around.
The bright light of Sunday morning brings her to a world that she hates. Hamid is already out of bed; and Hana prays for a peaceful day.
"what are you doing just sitting there?" There is a contempt in his voice.
"Nothing,"
"What do we have for lunch?'
"I don't know. Let's have the breakfast first; and then I think of something."
"I'm going out tonight."
"Again!"
"It's not your damn business." He moves his hands in a way as though he wants to hit her.
"Why don't you get a job? The way you're blowing money away, we'll be in the street soon."
"Will you shut up! I do whatever I want."
Hana stays silent. What is the sense of arguing with a man who does not know what responsibilty means. Then she remembers their appointment with the immigration lawyer in the morning.
"I have taken a couple of hours off from work tomorrow. We need to see Mr. Harold."
"What for?"
"Don't you remember? Our asylum is granted. We need to sign some documents."
"Okay,"
"But if you come home late, how can we be there on time. Our appointment is at eight."
"You find any excuse to stop me of going out. I said I go."
Hana stops before the violence starts. Back home, she thought by immigrating not only Hamid would change but they would become closer to each other emotionally like all other normal couples; but she was wrong. Before leaving he promised her that he would be a different man, a good husband and father. But things are much worse now since he knows she has no one to go to; so the dream world is the only safe and pleasant place for her. It is like having a double life. "If you hurt me, I go to my other world; if you abuse me, I create good people around me."
Tehran-

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment