Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Secrets-&&&&& Chapter Six

"You know you can get a job and go to school, too. That's how I've done it and I'm still doing it. What are you studying? She looked at me; kind of surprised that I was making friend with her so quick. Then she said: 'It's a long story.' 'We have time.' I told her. 'Well, my real interest is fashion design. But my father thinks that I can learn that on my own. He thinks I need real education like him and my mother; he thinks fashion design is not a real education. That is why I haven't finished school yet. It's been four years and I can't stick to one thing. I've changed major many times and every time I do that, I lose a lot of my credits.' At this point I showed her that how surprised I was. 'Oh, my, you really need to do something about this. I know I can't handle this kind of pressure.' 'What do you think I should do?' At this point I knew that she would trust me. I told her: 'I don't know Vickie. It is up to you. But if you want I can help you to get a job.'
"I saw a glow in her eyes. She was already trusting me completely. I kind of hated myself; but it was too late to turn back. I needed to continue with my plan. She was my sister and had everything; I, nothing. That is what I was thinking. 'You want to come and see me sometimes?' I asked her. 'Sure,' She said. 'You said you can help me.' 'Right, if you want me to. Say, we can go out for a drink sometimes. Do you ever go out for a drink?' She flushed. 'Sometimes!' 'Do you want us to go out tomorrow night?' I asked her. 'Sure!'
"The next evening I took her to a bar, the same place I was a bartender for a while. I knew that place very well. Normally no married couple went there; There were some married people that came there but never with their spouse. They were after one night stand. The rest were mostly single men or women who looked for a date or one night stand who hung up there.
"I talked to the manager, and he gave Vickie a job. My plan was working. Between the day she began working and the day she left home, two months later, exactly on Labor day, I saw her almost every evening.
"There were times that I thought about the wickedness of my act. But every time I talked it over with Tim, he convinced me to finish my plan. He was very adamant that my act was the only way to get even with Jacob.
"At times, I'm telling you the truth, I vaguely realized the degree of what I was doing, the effect that it could have on myself, for I began liking Vickie, my half sister. Dropping my long time plan or not dropping it, I thought, would be a burden that could be distressful and even destructive for my own well being.
"On the other hand, Tim was unpredictable. I didn't know what to expect from him in any given day. Of course, I didn't know anything about his son then. I learned most of those tonight. His inconsistency was in a way that sometimes he would explode in contradictory directions. It seemed that he was following not a point of precise course but an entire surroundings, all angles that existed.
"I thought about leaving him many times. He knew it. But each time he, with his charming bickering, made me stay. His argument was that we needed each other, that we both had a mission. I didn't know his mission then.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment