Thursday, March 17, 2011

Secrets- Chapter Seven

The happy ending of Rosa's story brought tears to every one's eyes; nonetheless, Diana's tears were not only because of the joyous knowledge of her daughter's well being and desire for her return, but they were also for Rosa's lost soul. She murmured the poem she had written, titled "Lost Soul", which was a description of her own and her daughter's Vickie's feelings, for she knew her daughter so well that she could tell how most likely she felt in the last three years being absent from the house. Somehow she knew of her desire for returning home, and she knew of her pride which she inherited from her father, not to return.
She muttered with almost closed mouth the poem, "lost soul", trying to remember all the lines, trying to picture the poem in her book.
"Walking among the walkers, confined."
In that deadly silence, everyone heard her stifled voice. Jacob asked her"
"You want to read the lost soul, don't you?"
Everyone seemed confused. But Diana knew that her husband saw through her very well. And she realized that she had read that poem to Jacob many times.
"Yes, I go get my book. This poem is about me, Vickie and now you, Rosa."
Rosa did not say anything. Diana began reading, looking at the earlier lines she had already read in her speaking mind to find the thread she had lost:
"Walking among the walkers, confined.
Looking among the observers, blind.
So much sadness in me, and I an voiceless.
So much uproar at my side, and I am spiritless.
|
In my thoughts, no more feeling or passion.
In my heart, no more thrill or compassion.
I am a vast field without green.
I am a tall mountain without sheen.
#
Inside me burned so much light.
Now they're turned to a sad sea, falling of my sight.
Old and bitter story is my friend.
I am the walker at the dusk to the end.
=
The waves of darkness and silence,
Draw life out of me like suspense.
Walking among the walkers, confined,
Counting the homes I've left behind.
Looking among the observers, blind.
Hearing the sound of life, undefined."
When she finished, it seemed that she had returned from far away and very long travel. The ambiance was such that no one knew whether Diana and Jacob contact Vickie or not. Rosa, who felt a little stronger after hearing Diana's poem, even though it was so sad, slowly got up and went to Diana. She hugged and kissed her. Then opened her purse and took a piece of paper out of it and gave it to Diana.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment