Monday, March 21, 2011

Secrets-\|\|\ Chapter Seven

Tim stopped. It was not hard for his listeners to guess that he had a deadly disease; but hearing the words "Aids" brought s shock to everyone. Their gazes were sever and oddly disdainful. Nevertheless, almost chocked and grasping for air, Rosa's lips curled in a deplorable grimace of mournfulness.
"How could you do this to me, how could you?"She cried hysterically, her teeth clenched, as her enraged brown eyes glared at Tim with infuriation.
"I told you that I've done wrong in my life, many wrongs. This is one of them, not telling you. But I've always used protection, haven't I? You know it!"
"It doesn't matter. You've known t for all these times and never told me. If you want to die, I don't. How could you, how?" Rosa said, her eyelid were lowered, and her face contracted in an expression of the painful discovery.
No one was able to say anything. However Jacob's first reaction, which he, for the time being, kept to himself, was to have Rosa tested as soon as this doomed holiday and party was over.
The sky outside that was stifling room suddenly became white.
"Let's hope for the best, Rosa." Tim said desperately. "I'm regretful and ashamed of what I've done; but I have a feeling that you're okay. You're too young to have the experience that this terrible memory will be eliminated from your heart, and only the pleasant ones will be magnified in your mind after I'm gone. Then, and only then, you will decide the desire to forget me and forgive me and that will be the most vigorous persuasion for remembering me."
"Never!" Rosa cried. "I'll always have enough wisdom to know that they are not the memory of love or what we had, but the image of a sorrow of being trapped by you when you're dead."
"I guess you're right." Tim whispered. "You know, we men are the wretched menial of believing that we're superior. Audacity is almost a man's spite on his woman. Your independence, your ideals, your goals, and everything else that you have, made me believe that you would never be the wife I dreamed of. And besides, you're too, too young. I knew somewhere, somehow, you'll leave me; when you're done with your education, when you're done with your revenge on your father. I've been only a bridge for you, a bridge that you cross it and never look back at it. All these beliefs made me not to care. Some one gave me the HIV Virus, not you, but someone, and I intended that pass it around. Yes, that is a confession that I was not fateful to you. You, in the last three years , have bled my beliefs until I lost my consciousness.
"Nonetheless, I liked you, I still do. I thought you had guts, you had fire in you. I admire you. That is why when I learned I was HIV positive, I began using protection, remember. You even once told me that you're on birth control pill, why use protection. I answered you just to be hundred percent sure. You never argued anymore. You let it go by that.
"Remember, there is always something to be learned and gained from even the gloomiest and dullest chapter in your life. Nothing is wasted." Tim concluded.
The morning poured into the room. The color of it met every one's eyes. Diana opened the window. So much pure scented air leaped in. She thought she could weep with the thrill of seeing her daughter soon; but at the same time, she could cry with the horrifying knowledge that Rosa might be infected by HIV Virus.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment