Monday, September 20, 2010

Odyssey... ~~14- Obscene Abstraction

On the other hand, I see the tragedy clearly; and I am certain that something must be done very quickly before lives are shattered completely. How can I take control while my creator fights me for her tremendous fear? Searching for missing Farhad, I try to direct Hana. She angrily pushes me aside and abandons me. When I come back to life again with my own effort , she screams at me and takes me inside again. Her petrified behavior leaves me no choice but to hide from her and begin searching on my own for our missing son. Going to Farhad's college and talking to his friends brings me the bitter reality that he has quited school. As persistent as I am, I find some students that they know about Farhad's place of living.
When I knock the door of the apartment, I fear of what I will face. Farhad opens the door, looking astonished, and...
"Mom, what are you doing here?"
I don't dare to tell him that I am not his mom, but her mom's other-half.
"I want you to come home with me."
He looks at me as though he sees a stranger.
"Why? Nobody lives the way we do. If you want to be miserable, I don't!"
I look at this handsome young man, who looks very much like Hana's dead father; and a world of sorrow shivers me. How can I blame him for his mistakes? My amiable look softens him a little but not to the point of going home with me. He wants assurance which leaves me no choice but to give in to him.
"Your brother and I need you. We need to do something before...," I pause with a feeling that makes it impossible to continue the conversation. How can I promise a change while it is up to his mother to change this miserable environment? I am only a spirit; nevertheless, when I remember Hana's breakdown for his disappearance and also Sam's problems, I convince myself that I perhaps can do something; and for this moment, I must act as his mother.
"What do you want to do? You always talk and never act." He feels oppressed and stifled beneath Lila's inquisitive eyes, who never finished her sentence. His low paying job at the grocery store brings him very little money to pay his share of the rent and food. That thought makes him think hard about his situation. However, he decides to get a promise from his mother before going home with her. He lifts his eyes and in an aloof way says:
"How do I know that this time isn't just talk like always and you really want to do something?"
"I promise; but we need to do it together. Without your help, I can't get rid of your father."
He thinks for awhile.
"Okay, it's done. Let me get my stuff."

To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment