Tuesday, August 30, 2011

MORE TO COME ✍ ✍ REMEMBRANCE



I wrote this poem on 7- 8- 1999; but this is an aberration of my youth, when I was a young teenager; when I didn't know much

about life and despondency that was part of it. This was perhaps my very first heartache, when I had no idea that as I grew older many more wretchedness, sorrow, and suffering would come face to face with me;
"I reflect the feeling of yesterday;
I was young and had no dismay.
School and other things were in my mind;
Not the sorrow that today I find.
My heart was engulfed with sorrow;
Thinking what future would bring me tomorrow!
Yesterday's thought makes me feel,
A sadness that is hard to deal.
I think of the one who possessed my heart;
Our destiny ruled us to be apart.
I can't forget that handsome face;
And how he took his life for my disgrace.
I said my farewell with desperate rave;
For I was not allowed to say it at his grave.
That night, moon had only a wan light!
My face reflected a dark shadow of fright.
I stood in a deadly silence to hear
Any emphasizing word about my dear.
But no one knew, no one did care;
That we had promised each other to pair;
That we did not want to part;
Such was our love so certain in heart.
Now I think of those limited days;
How sweetly they burned me with blaze.
Hard days have come, hard days had gone;
And I always for those days long.
He is gone, and I have his memories
I am painfully alive, he is happily dead and at ease!

No comments:

Post a Comment