Friday, August 5, 2011

More TO COME ✍ ✎ RETURN TO LOVE


I wrote this poem on 6- 20- 1998. It was one of those days I felt so nostalgic, so lonely. A day that I wanted to see people, not any people but my people. I sat and imagined that day:
"One day I will return,
I will bring with me a message.
I will pour lights in veins.
I will talk loudly.
I will fill the bamboo baskets with orange, the red orange of sun.
I will return.
I will give a red rose to the peddler.
I will tell the blind man about beauty.
I will roam the alleys.
There is no alleys in the land of free!
And I will scream: 'Dew on green leaves!'
A passerby will say: 'The truth is in a dark night!'
I will show him the sky, the stars, the blue moon.
I will cut the insult from lips.
I will destroy all the walls.
To the thieves I will say: 'My belongings are only my smile!'
I will tear the cloud.
I will tie the eyes with sun, hearts with love, shadows with water, trees with wind,
I will tie the dream of a child with a humming.
I will water the flowers.
I will return.
I will give friends the green grass of caresses!
I will return to plant a whipping willow on each wall's shadow.
I will sing a poem beneath each window.
I will ask people to make up.
I will show them new friends.
I will return.
I will walk.
I will inhale light.
I will exhale darkness.
One day I will return.
I will return to love..."
When I wrote this poem, its effect stopped me of writing for a while. Then suddenly I realized this is something everyone should read. I entered a contest. Not only I had it published, I won the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment