Friday, August 19, 2011

More TO COME ✍ ✍ Growth


Do we ever grow? Do our dreams and hopes come to a standstill? Is hope what make us to go on and not give up?
These questions always occupy my thoughts and feelings. I wrote "GROWTH" on 11- 22- 95. Many years have passed since then; and I still ask those questions. This is a published poem and I received an award for it. Meanwhile my hair had turned gray.
"I have been a prisoner of my pride!
And a prisoner of what people decide!
And what they say, whom they side?
And I don't know when I put these aside!
If a day comes that I'm strong and brave,
I can free me of my body's cave.
Then I rescue me from jail keeper's grave;
Which is myself in a cage of rave!
I often feel a growth, a break.
My wondrous soul and I fight the ache.
I never know what I want, I shake;
Frightened of my ambiance, I quake.
But they all say I am a fighter like a blaze;
I'm tired of listening, so I amaze;
Then I speak and loudly raise
My voice to break the shell, the vase.
Is it too late for me to grow?
I've seem many crises and woe!
But will I take the growth and new show?
Yes, I will, just to see the rainbow!"
✍ ✍ ✍
I said "I will to see the rainbow", but instead I've seen only woe!

No comments:

Post a Comment