Saturday, August 27, 2011

MORE TO COME ✍ ✍ PROBE



Occasionally we all wonder about life and the meaning of it, some people

more
than others. I captured this wondering in a POEM, named "PROBE" on 5-18-1999. I was not satisfied with it; therefor changed it more than once; and put it in a back of my mind. One evening in my poetry group, I was suddenly asked to read. The person who was supposed to read that evening had not come. I was not prepared, yet I never say no to this kind of opportunities. I read about an hour; this one among them. I got very high marks for it. Here it is:
"Life, you, I explore, to find out more
That you're vain, you bring pain.
Do I stop to grow, or run from woe?
✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ The answer I implore!
My earthly cell, burns like hell;
Because you're wrong, I must belong
To blue sky above, filled with love:
✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ And filled with rose smell.
You, I seek, days and week,
You, I dream, never extreme!
Holding your hand, where I stand,
✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ So you can see me unique.
I am pale, telling this tale,
Songs I hear, from far or near,
Desirous flame, written with my name!
✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ Hopeful sparks, I unveil.
I regret the day, I did dismay:
Angrily I did look, my head I shook;
Didn't know you stay, I go away!
✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ Like water that flows away!
Oh, life, in your class, I am like glass!
Feeling fills my heart, from your generous art.
Should death looks at me, my face disagree!
✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ ✐ The black color comes to pass!


No comments:

Post a Comment