Thursday, December 22, 2011

JUDAS KISS- Seventeen- At Last ✍ ✖




In the interview, they asked Helen why she had not worked all these years? She just told the truth. She decided in her case, lie would not bring her a chance to find a job; therefore, she adhered to honesty. She made a very good impression with the supervisor, who was interviewing her. He gave her a tour of the company. She

would to become the designer's personal secretary, the man, who also owned the company. The man, who lived with his boyfriend. Helen would do more than secretarial job for him only a few months into her working. She would take care of his house, dogs, cats, parrots, ... when he was traveling either for business or pleasure, and always with his boyfriend!
It was Wednesday morning when she had the interview. It was a pleasant fall day. They asked her to go to work Monday. The other secretary was retiring, but she had promised to stay two extra weeks to mentor Helen and to help her to learn her new job. She also told Helen of the designer's demands of doing his personal things. Helen said: "I don't mind!"
When Steve heard about it, he began his complaining again, but this time Helen cut him off and said:
"Not anymore, Steve! We're not married anymore. I can do anything I want. And how do you except me to live without any income?" Steve never knew about her little, black bag!
"What about Caterina?"
"She'll be okay. Besides, Nancy had offered to baby sit. And if one day she can't do it, I take her to daycare. She'll learn social skills there!"
Nancy was pregnant with her first child. Helen looked with her fiery eyes at Steve and said:
"I am so grateful to Nancy. When she has her own baby, I'll send Caterina to daycare. If you want, take me to court. But no way I let you do to this child what you did to Elizabeth and Chris! Look how spoiled they have turned out!"
"If it's about money, I give you more!" He said while trying to contain his anger.
"Keep your money. I don't need it. I've been wanting to work all these years and I didn't because of you. But now you have no control over me!"
Even though they were not married anymore, they still fought. But this one, Helen decided, that she should win and she did.
Now that she was at last doing what she had always wanted to do, she felt sorry for herself. She was close to fifty years old. All her youth was wasted living with a domineering man! All her childhood was wasted living with her parents, who were sick. She had two choices now, and needed to make a decision, to feel sorry for herself or enjoy what she loved to do no matter of her age. She decided on the second option!!

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment