Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Secrets- ~*~*~* Chapter Three

"Listen, Tim," Jacob began: "I can't share your hatred for subjugation, grievance, and inhumanity. Unlike you, I can't rest easily in my speculative scope; and that is exactly what you're doing. You're asking my forgiveness! I don't know what to say. Without knowing your story, I feel sorry for you. Let me hear what you have to say, and then I decide how I feel!"
"Tomorrow morning will be a real day, a real dawn." Tim began. Tear rose in his throat. "I want to know if any of you believe in God. No, no, let me ask Ed, only him. Ed, do you believe in God?"
"Of course I do." Ed raised his head. He seemed disgusted. He still did not know anything about Tim's son. He needed something more to bring back his case to his mind. He knew he had taken cases for just money while deep in his heart he did not believe in his client's innocence.
"I thought so. Your God is an unknown and unseen God. We know nothing about him. You can pray, and feel and wait. Like when you pray to win a case. Winning a case for you is saving your name and reputation, so you can get more cases and make more money, isn't that so? But God doesn't do what you think he'll do. It is the human corruption that every time makes you win, makes you get more money. And it is also human misery that you take advantage of.
"You may say if God doesn't do what I expect from him, he must have a reason. You may say it is only for the time being, incidental, it's not done because of the external impact. But let me tell you, you love and worship what your God hates; you hate what He adores; you acknowledge absolutely what he declines. You get frustrated, you turn your eyes, do whatever you must do. And then you go to church Sunday morning and pray.
"I can't worship the God that is your God. Your God is corrupt like you. Listen, I'm not here to judge you, you're the one that want to become a judge. I'm just telling you and everyone else the reality. I believe that I am devoted to truth, and the truth is what we know before dawn."
"Listen," Ed began: "I am an honest lawyer. You're probably mistaking me with someone else. And I hate your opinion, your arrogance, your negativity, your horrifying mental capacity of life and human. I am sure what happened to your son had been awful; but I have nothing to do with it. I don't even recall a person by his name."
"Because my son has his mother's maiden name, and I'm going to tell you why!"
"Thank God, you're finally stopping philosophy and getting on your story." Ed retorted.
"What I said is just common sense; but because you don't have any sense, you don't understand common sense." Tim answered abruptly.
"Will you two stop fighting and have a little respect for each other." Rosa said after a long silence.
"Sweetheart, I'm not fighting. I'm here tonight to face this man. All I'm asking is just to listen. All of you listen to what I must say; and stop interrupting me.
"See how time flies. I heard it flies in prison even faster. Maybe that is good... I don't know... My son has to spend the rest of his life there. If he behaves, he may get out in forty years. So I guess it's good that time flies fast. But all of these are just vague thinking." He reflected, putting his hand on his forehead.
"I've lost everything I have because I've lost my past. I can't deny that my past exist, but I lost it. Is there anything more precious in this world than a beautiful woman with her child? I keep remembering this picture in my mind when she had Christopher in her arm. This is the only thing I have left, only a memory, a picture, an image.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment