Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chapter Six, *************** EMPTINESS

So many words have lost their essence,
Entity, emptiness, mountain, and feather.
In their effort to say what needed to sense;
They moved away out of open doors up into weather.

We worshipped the emptiness for years,
Which obstructed our entity.
We built a castle of love free from fears.
But the emptiness robbed our sanity.
And our entity, in desperation, passed
And we extol the event once more in its entire;
Detached from who I was, his fear, hope, and my past,
Unfastened from the strong, dangerous desire.

Here we are and the mountain is feather now;
That was stormed into the emptiness somehow.
*
What was death to her? An emblem; the death of what history talked, something haughty, all inclusive, and grimy. What was death to him? A lifting of body and sinking away, unfinished business, unfairness, and cruelty of God. The core of the world could not be the same as the rippling tumult and refuge of the small drowsy breeze, waves, movements, and thoughts. And there were thoughts, discourses, and communications that Joseph would miss the most, thinking about his death. The sensation was nothing but disbelief, a nihilism and dubiety for everything he knew, learned, and believed. For Anna, however, it was a different sensation; anger, a savage anger towards God, who was about to rob the final ecstasy she had found in the company of her husband and friend.
As she felt his body soaring into hers, she saw how it was sinking away at the same time. It seemed to impose a tune, a new oscillation in her. There was something frightening in the boundlessness and tranquility of their home; as his warmth captured her and cast away her last rigor. Soon, he would join the nature, what he admired the most, and she would join the infuriating, what she knew for a long time. The uncouth blast of life seemed obstructed in their room, while they were together. They remained indifferent to all else. What Joseph repeatedly said to Anna made her uneasy and sardonic:
"I apologized for all of this, for what I'm putting you through; but I'm grateful, too for what you're doing for me."
Anna could not understand his apology or gratefulness.
"Wouldn't you do the same if you were me?"
"I would!"
"Then don't apologize to me."
Joseph gently caressed her hair and a faded smile wreathed his face. Anna messaged his forehead and kissed him on his lips.
"When I married you, suddenly and immediately all the fog around me was lifted. I understood then what I had felt before were conflict and discord, were not so. They were unity and harmony; that discrepancy inside me was a formulated way, my own exclusive counter blast. My personality then, was divided to two; a calm, peaceful, and composed one when I was alone. Now my individuality is in its blooming quintessence, once was two in process. The day I married you was a great day in my life. It was the end of hesitation and doubts about my disunion and discord and the beginning of lucidness and sobriety in my feeling and knowledge." Anna's voice was trembling with emotion.
Joseph's eyes dilated. He had noting to say, for he had felt the same when he married Anna.
*

To Be Continued

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your book. It is giving me something to look forward to when I don't feel like getting up and around on some days. I am a little blind even with my glasses and wish the font was a little bigger. I think it is the chemo that is making my eyesight worse. I love you.

    ReplyDelete