Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Judas Kiss- Twelve- Another One? ☃ ▼ ✖




"No, no, Steve! I'm tired of staying home. I want to go back to work! are you going to begin your old, nasty ways? Go ahead, do it. I don't want children anymore!"
Steve again was

walking back and forth the length of the bedroom; his hands locked in his back. Suddenly he stopped; facing her! his face contorted in a grimace of pain, yet deception!
"Too late, my sweet wife! I knew how you're going to behave. Let me tell you what I've done. I changed your pills with placebo. They are the same color and shape. That is what you've been taking for the last three months my beautiful Helen!"
Her stoic face did not change for a long time; yet she said with a voice almost hard to hear:
"So that was the reason for our good relationship in the past several months!? And how the hell could you do that?" She lit a cigarette. Anger brought tears to her eyes.
"No, that wasn't the reason for our not fighting. I told you that I've forgiven you for being a whore, for giving your body to other men when I was fighting for our country; but I can not forget. I want a son or a daughter, doesn't matter! And how did I do it? Very easy! Money buys everything. I know this pharmacist. He served under me when we were in Vietnam. He sold me the placebo. I paid a hefty price for them!" He stopped talking and took a deep breath and then began again:
"And about working, you can't go back to work! I make enough money. In fact I make good money. I don't want you ever work! I am your husband and you must listen to me! End of story!"
The feeling of hatred that seemed dead in her, revived more and more; it sprang out and took possession of her heart. A weary feeling of wretchedness at her isolated life, her staying home and being inactive, her alienation from this world shadowed her aura!!

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment