Tuesday, September 13, 2011

MORE TO COME ✍ ✍ To My Mother




I have written so many things for my mother or because of her, or remembering her, or loving her. This is one of them. I called it, "She Soared". I wrote it a long time ago, but it is still fresh in my mind. To be exact I wrote it on 11-24- 98, in the middle of the night, when sleep escaped me as usual; like all the other times that I write in my insomniac nights.
Among the obscure gloom,
You called me back to your womb.
It was silence, and the breeze
Moved the trees with such an ease!
I saw in the dull sky,
One star was passing by;
One star was burning;
And one star was returning!
I called you!
I called you!
All my life,
Like a sharp knife,
was in my vision with strife.
Moon's white stare
Reflected light to the window from air!
There, all night
Inside my heart, with fright,
From hopelessness, someone with rage,
Breathes heavily among the foliage.
Some one would call!
Some one would want me all!
There, all night
From branches so black at site
Sadness and obscurity would fall;
A hopeless someone would crawl!
It is me that she would call!
Mom says: ' my little Ellie
Soared with the wind to be free.
A wind that took her away.
A wind that made my sky gray'."


No comments:

Post a Comment